Washington Association for Skilled and Technical Sciences
The WASTS section seeks to promote excellence in career and technical education by recognizing individuals who have made extraordinary contributions to the field, programs that exemplify the highest standards, and organizations that have conducted activities to promote and expand career and technical education programs.
There are two categories of WASTS awards for 2019:
- Career and Technical Teacher of the Year– candidates must be employed as classroom/laboratory CTE teachers at the middle/secondary school level at the time of initial nomination. Candidates must be members of WASTS for consideration for this award.
- Outstanding New Career and Technical Teacher- candidates must be employed as classroom/laboratory CTE teachers (at the middle, secondary or postsecondary level) and must be relatively new to the teaching profession (with 1 - 5 years' experience) at the time of initial nomination. Candidates must be members WASTS for consideration of this award
- Outstanding Business of the Year –A business that has provided outstanding support to CTE or a CTE program over the last year.
- Outstanding Business Champion of the Year -An individual from business that has provided outstanding support to CTE or a CTE program over the last year.
- Outstanding CTE Administrator of the Year -Eligibility All candidates must be employed as CTE administrators, program specialists, coordinators, federal or state department of education professionals or other administrative professionals at the time of initial nomination.
All awards are administered by the WASTS Awards Committee. The committee, chaired by an individual selected by the current WASTS president, is responsible for recommending award programs to the Association’s Executive Board, setting criteria for awards, reviewing applications, and recommending award recipients to the Board. All 2019 awards will be presented at the Association’s annual business conference.
The CTE Teacher of the Year and New Teacher of the Year will each receive a $500 stipend.
Please download and complete the form below. We may contact you, the nominee's CTE Director, and/or their principal for more information.